We Provide a Full Range of Sprinkler Services
Whether you’re looking to add a new fire sprinkler system or need to have your existing one inspected, Taylor Group Plumbing, Heating, Mechanical & Sprinkler Inc. can help.
We perform the following residential and commercial fire sprinkler services throughout Manhattan and all boroughs:
- Correction of NYC sprinkler violations
- Installations, replacements, and repairs
- Monthly, quarterly, annual, and five-year tests/inspections
Our services cover all aspects of your fire sprinkler system, including piping and head replacements, deluge system installations/testing, water main services, fire pump flow tests, and standpipe system inspections.
We are also licensed to perform hydrostatic testing under official FDNY observations
How Often Should Your Fire Sprinkler Be Tested and Inspected?
Fire sprinkler inspection and testing are two different aspects of compliance.
During inspection, our licensed team will look over your system to ensure there are no glaring safety issues.
- For wet-pipe fire sprinkler systems, pressure gauges should be inspected monthly. Gauges for other types of sprinklers (dry, deluge, pre-action) should ideally be inspected once a week.
- Quarterly inspections include checking the waterflow switch, control valves, and supervisory signal equipment. We will also make sure the hydraulic nameplates are properly secured and contain the required information.
- Annual inspections will cover the pipe hangers and seismic bracing.
Testing requires a more detailed examination of your system.
- Quarterly testing targets the sprinkler’s mechanical devices.
- Annual testing will cover all aspects of the system, including water flow, alarms, antifreeze concentration, and more. The annual test is like a “health physical” for your fire sprinkler.
- Five-year tests target the pipe system. We will check the pipe interiors for blockages and perform any necessary repairs or replacements.