What are the Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters?
Homeowners with tankless units enjoy:
- More space—Tankless water heaters are the size of a small suitcase and can be installed in crawl spaces or on the wall.
- More savings—With on-demand hot water, you won’t have to heat up more water than you need.
- Greater efficiency—Tankless water heaters can last for 20 years or more (compared to the 10-15 years of a conventional tank model).
- Safer operation—There is no tank that can suddenly burst and flood your home; plus, risk of backdrafting is lowered since exhaust and air supply vents are sealed (gas units).
- Less maintenance—Since there is no tank, you won’t have to worry about flushing it regularly to prevent corrosion and sediment buildup.
Keep in mind that the benefits of switching to tankless models are only worth it if you have the hot water needs to match. This is why we often recommend tankless water heaters for smaller households. The less demand for hot water, the greater efficiency you’ll enjoy.
If you have a larger family or several people living in your home, you may need to install two or more tankless water heaters to keep up with the demand and reduce strain on your units. But in general, we recommend storage tank units for larger households as they allow for simultaneous hot water use. For example, someone can take a shower while another is doing the laundry or running the dishwasher.
When to Call for Tankless Water Heater Repair
While tankless units provide unlimited on-demand hot water, they still require time to warm up. Avoid overloading your unit with too much hot water use at once (this is why we recommend storage tanks for bigger households).
Other common tankless water heater issues include:
- Faulty ignition
- Blocked vents
- Clogged outlets due to hard water
- Leaking heat exchangers (which can lead to corroded units)
These problems can lead to low water pressure, a lack of hot water, or a complete system breakdown. Call your plumber for a professional diagnosis. We can give you options for repair or let you know if it’s time to replace your unit.
Contact us at (855) 999-LEAK for professional tankless water heater repair and replacement in Manhattan. Ask for your free quote today!